Home Help Register June 24, 2019, 06:25:23 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
The Price > Discussion Categories - Board Index > The Price Only > Saying Hello!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saying Hello!  (Read 10488 times)
oyadancer

View Profile WWW
« on: March 02, 2011, 07:06:40 AM »

I wanted to say FIRST but guess I'm not!  In any event, started a "Hello!" thread.

I am in the UK in Wiltshire, a few miles from Stonehenge.  I heard about The Price thru Neil Gaiman's twitter and was fascinated at the idea of supporting independent film.  As a writer and artist I know all too well how hard it is to get your work in the public eye and so I was delighted to have the chance to donate some funding to help get it off the ground.  I couldn't believe how fast the battle-cry went up!  I even managed to raise my pledge a bit (even though I am disabled and on a very fixed income).  It was really heartening to see people get behind an artist in this way, and gives me hope with my own projects (though, boo, Kickstarter is only based in the US at the moment).

Anyhow, in between my own scriptwriting and fumbling about, I check up from time to time on progress and look forward to seeing the final product.

Cheers!
Xtopher
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 11:04:32 AM »

Thanks for your wonderful support and the encouraging words, especially that you are exploring your own creative gifts and inspirations -- that's one of the main things I hope to share with anyone who is following my own project: don't every give up! I am absolutely convinced that creativity in life (in whatever form) is vitally connected to happiness.

- Christopher
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 11:06:22 AM by Xtopher »
cathycaverneet

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 02:16:16 PM »

hi i really appreciate somebody shares my same ideas. I too usually donate for independent artists to become known in the world. This is kind of give em a chance to show what they can do. Internet is a great place where you can get tons of people notice what you will do.
congrats,
Xtopher
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 02:28:35 PM »

Thanks Cathy -- it is indeed very gratifying to feel such a tremendous wave of support from around the world (literally), and from strangers who all wanted to help give someone they didn't even know a chance to make a dream come true. I still can't get over it!!! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

- Christopher
jamesmcnamara

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 12:00:49 AM »

Hello Christopher.

Your project's website was listed here: http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/04/9_cats_from_seriously_creepy_s.php, which prompted my visit.
Although I am familiar with the work of Neil Gaiman, I had never read The Price. I have now. I wish you the best of luck making this into a film. If the website artwork (wallpapers and such) are any indication, you will do a splendid job. My hat is of to you, sir!

Regards,
James
Xtopher
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 07:56:14 AM »

Cool -- http://www.toplessrobot.com/ is pretty great!!! I appreciate both the link & the very kind words (you brightened my day)! I am also glad you like what you've seen here ... we are generating some really cool designs and 3D sculptures right now, and I have to say I am beyond thrilled at how things are shaping-up! Most of all, I am happy you got a chance to read The Price -- it really is a gem. Have a fantastic day, James, and thanks again for stopping by!!!

- Christopher
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: